Day 01–Arrival in Kathmandu
Our representatives will be there at the Airport to receive and welcome you upon your arrival at the International Airport of Kathmandu. You will then be transferred to the hotel where you will be briefed in short about the itinerary package. The rest of the time, you will be spending at the hotel.
Day 02–Fly to Lukla, Trek to Phakding
After having breakfast in the morning, you will take 30 minutes of scenic flight from Kathmandu, through the mountains to the Tenzing- Hilary Airport at Lukla. Though the Airport is considered as one of the most dangerous airports in the world, flight to Lukla will be full of adventure and thrill. The real trekking then starts from Lukla when you start hiking from Lukla to the nearby village of Phakding. Overnight stay at a guesthouse in Phakding.
Day 03–Trek to Namche Bazaar
The trail continues along the Dudh Koshi River before climbing up the way through Himalayan Pine and Deodar Cedar forests to make it to Namche Bazaar, the business and trading hub of Everest Region. Namche used to be and still is a crucial place for trade between the traders of Tibet and Nepal. Items like salt, dried meat and other consumable goods have been sold and bought in Namche over the years. Overnight stay at a guesthouse in Namche.
Day 04– Rest day in Namche Bazaar
The fourth day is set aside for acclimatization in Namche as acclimatizing to the changing altitude and the environmental condition is very important during Everest trekking. A day of acclimatization and rest will prepare your body well for the upcoming challenge in the trekking. Trekking experts suggest to continue having mild walk rather than to stop completing in the name of rest. We will have casual walk through the busy market area of Namche and then talk with the local Sherpa people of Namche. If you feel like exploring more, you can even pay a brief visit to the Khumjung Village which offers one of the best views of Everest and other mountains.
Day 05- Trek to Tengboche
After a day of acclimatization in Namche, we resume our trek and walk through the trail, enjoying the views of mountain peaks like Thamserku, Kantega and Kusum Kangru. After a gentle descend, the trail then rises uphill before you come across the stone gate built by Lamas that acts as the gateway to Tengboche. Located at 3860m altitude, Tengboche allows the best sunset views of Everest.
Day 06- Trek to Shanasa
The trek for the day initiates with early visit to Tengboche Monastery and nearby museum. Later during the day, we will follow the trekking trail that passes through the forests of juniper, rhododendron and fir. After crossing Dudh Koshi River, we will pursue the steep path through Trashinga to Shanasa where we will be staying overnight.
Day 07- Trek to Thame
Leaving Shanasa behind, we will follow the trail uphill for about 4 hours to arrive at Thame located in 3800m altitude where we will be visiting some of the archaic monasteries. We will have the perfect opportunity to get acquainted with Sherpa culture in Thame.
Day 08 – Trek to Monjo:
Six hours of trekking through dispersed Sherpa hamlets will lead us through crop lands to Monjo located at 2835m altitude.
Day 09- Trek to Lukla:
After having breakfast, we will have a casual stroll through series of ups and downs chasing the easy trail prior to crossing Dudh Koshi River over suspension bridge to eventually reach Lukla.
Day 10- Flight to Kathmandu:
On the tenth day of the itinerary, you will take the flight back to Kathmandu from Lukla. From the Airport, you will then head towards the hotel. The free time can be utilized by visiting the alleys of Thamel to buy some souvenirs and gifts to your loved ones back home. In the evening, you will then return back to the hotel and spend rest of the time at the hotel.
Day 11: Departure
On the last day of the itinerary, you will be transferred to the International Airport in Kathmandu from where you can take a flight back to your country or to next desired destination.
Costs included during the trip:
Costs excluded during the trip:
- All land transports in private vehicle including airport transfers
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu according to the itinerary package of related treks
- Kathmandu sightseeing tour including all entry fees, tour guide and private vehicle
- Full board meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge accommodation during the trek
- Seasonal fruits during the trek
- One skilled, professional and friendly guide including his food, accommodation, salary, equipment and accidental insurance
- Costs of food, accommodation, salary, equipment and accidental insurance of porters (One porter will be provided for 2 people during the trek)
- Round Trip flight :Kathmandu- Lukla and Lukla- Kathmandu including departure taxes
- Duffle bag for trekking
- Down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek
- Trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit
- Sagarmatha National Park permits fee
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System ( please bring 2passport size photos for permit)
- Government taxes and office service charge
- Meals not included in costs included section
- Travel insurance
- International Airfare
- Optional tours and activities during leisure
- Nepal Entry Visa: One can easily obtain the Nepal entry visa after arriving at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Remember to bring 2 copies of passport size photos.)
- Drinks (hot and cold), snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot shower during the trek
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips for trekking staffs and driver ( tips though appreciated not mandatory)