Day 01 : Kathmandu - Pokhara drive (960m / 6hrs)
Drive or Fly to Pokhara. Pokhara is a big natural Beauty City out of Kathmandu, which is 200km from Kathmandu. Pokhara is a place of remarkable natural beauty. The serenity of Phewa Lake and the magnificence of fishtailed Machhapuchhre rising behind it make it an ideal setting to spend a few days in Pokhara.
Day 02 : Pokhara - Jomsom fly (2700m). Trek to Kagbeni (2800m / 4hrs)
Fly to Jomsom, the district headquarters of Mustang and start trek to Kagbeni, and the starting point of the Upper Mustang.
Day 03 : Kagbeni – Chele (3100m / 6hrs)
There is a trail up the east bank of the Kali Gandaki that climbs over many ridges as it heads north and reaches Tangbe village. The town is a labyrinth of narrow alleys amongst whitewashed houses, fields of buckwheat, barley, wheat and apple orchards. Nilgiri peak, which dominates the southern skyline at Kagbeni, continues to loom massively at the foot of the valley. Beyond Tangbe, we reach Chhusang village and crossing the river, continue climbing north up the trail to a huge red chunk of conglomerate that has fallen from the cliff above, forming a tunnel through which the Kali Gandaki flows. The trek now leaves the Kali Gandaki valley and climbs steeply up a rocky gully to Chele at 3030m. The culture changes from the Manangi culture to the Tibetan culture of Lo.
Day 04 : Chele – Geling (3570m / 8hrs)
The climb continues along steep, treeless, waterless terrain, along the side of a spectacular steep canyon to a pass and cairn of rock at 3540m. Then the trail makes a long gradual descent to some chortens on a ridge, before descending further on a pleasant trail to Samar. The Annapurna, still dominated by Nilgiri, is visible far to the south. The route climbs sharply up and down over a series of high passes, before the final descent to Geling.
Day 05 : Geling – Charang (3560m / 7hrs)
From Geling, the trail climbs gently to the most interesting pass on your trek, Nyi La and descends beneath blue, grey and red cliffs across the valley to a bridge over the Tangmar Chu (river,) then climbs past what is perhaps the longest and most spectacular mani (prayer wall) in Nepal. Climbing over another pass at 3600m, the route makes a long gentle descent to Charang. The huge five–story white Dzong (fort) and red gompa (Buddhist temple) contains a fascinating array of statues and Thankas as well as many large paintings of seated Buddhas.
Day 06 : Charang - Lo Manthang (3840m / 5hrs)
The trail descends about 100 m from Charang, crosses the Charang–Chu, climbs steeply up a rocky trail to a cairn on a ridge and continues to climb. Finally from a ridge at 3850m, there is a view of the walled city of Lo. After a short descent, cross a stream then climb up into the plateau of Lo Manthang.
Day 07 : Lo Manthang rest
Another day in Lo Manthang gives you the chance to explore its many sights; the Tall Champa Lakhang (God house,) the red Thugchen Gompa, Chyodi Gompa and the Raja's Palace; as well as to gaze at the surrounding panoramic views of the Tibetan Plateau and the Himalaya. Besides Lo Manthang there is two other interesting valleys worth visiting. The western valley Tingkhar, the sight of Raja's summer palace, Kimling and Phuwa as well as the Gompa of Namgyal (The Monastery of Victory) is the newest and most active Gompa in Lo. In the eastern valley lies the village of Chosar, also rich in gompas and the valley is the main trading route to Lhasa.
Day 08 : Lo Manthang - Ghami (3520m / 6hrs)
This is an opportunity to visit two other villages on your return trek. The trail climbs steadily to the pass marked by a cairn, offering a last glimpse of Lo Manthang. Crossing a ridge at 4070m, the trail then bumpily to Gekar. Lo Gekar Gompa is one of the oldest gompas in Nepal. And is older than the famed Samye Gompa in Tibet. Passing through Thamar village, the steep trail finally reaches Ghami.
Day 09 : Ghami – Samar (3540m / 6hrs)
From Ghami climb to Nyi La and descend to Samar through the same route.
Day 10 : Samar - Kagbeni (2800m / 5hrs)
Return trek to Kagbeni.
Day 11 : Kagbeni – Jomsom (2700m / 4hrs)
Return trek to Jomsom.
Day 12 : Jomsom - Pokhara fly (960m / ½ hr)
After breakfast drive to airport to fly towards Kathmandu. Day
13 : Pokhara – Kathmandu drive (1300m / 6hrs)
After breakfast in the morning we say goodbye to Pokhara and head back to bustling Kathmandu by car or private bus (There is an option to fly). In the afternoon free day of your own. Overnight in Hotel.
Costs included during the trip:
Costs excluded during the trip:
- Airport- Hotel- Airport pick up and transfer by private car
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu according to the itinerary package of related treks
- Kathmandu sightseeing tour including all entry fees, tour guide and private vehicle
- Accommodation in Pokhara according to trek itinerary
- Kathmandu- Pokhara and Pokhara- Kathmandu transfer by private vehicle
- Pokhara- Jomsom- Pokhara airfare including departure tax
- Full board meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with tea and coffee during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge accommodation during the trek
- One skilled, professional and friendly guide and needed porters including their food, accommodation, salary, equipment and accidental insurance
- Special trekking permit US$500 per person for 10 days (above price includes 10days valid trekking permit from Kagbeni to Kagbeni. If you wish to stay more than 10 days in restricted area, you are subjected to extra charge for extra days (US$50 per day per person)
- Annapurna Conservation Entry fees if and when entered and TIMS
- Duffle bag, down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek
- First aid medical kit
- Government taxes and office service charge
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- International Airfare
- Nepal Entry Visa: One can easily obtain the Nepal entry visa after arriving at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Remember to bring 2 copies of passport size photos.)
- Drinks (hot and cold), snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot and cold showers during the trek
- Personal shopping and laundry
- Tips for trekking staffs and driver ( tips though appreciated not mandatory)