Day 01 : Kathmandu (1300 m) - Pokhara (960m / 6hrs)
Drive or fly to Pokhara. Pokhara is a big natural Beauty City out of Kathmandu, which is 200km from Kathmandu. Pokhara is a place of remarkable natural beauty. The serenity of Phewa Lake and the magnificence of fishtailed Machhapuchhre rising behind it make it an ideal setting to spend a few days in Pokhara.
Day 02 : Pokhara - Birethanti – Ulleri (2070m) drive 2 hrs and trek 4 hrs
Walk through the lush, green Modi river valley, past waterfalls with plunge pools that invite you to swim. Ascend steep staircase to Magar village of Ulleri. Where you will be rewarded with breathtaking views of the valley below and the peaks of Annapurna South and Hiunchuli.
Day 03 : Ulleri - Ghorepani (2850m / 5 hrs)
A gentle climb through pasture and cultivated fields. As the trail climbs higher, you walk up beside the cascading river through refreshingly cool oak and rhododendron forest to Ghorepani.
Day 04 : Ghorepani –Poon hill - Tadapani (2660m / 6 hrs)
Wake up early morning and climb up to Poon hill from where can see from Dhaulagiri range to Ganesh Himal range. During the Sun rise panoramic views with colorful mountains. Again walk down to hotel and after breakfast walk up hill towards Tadapani. Climb with Mountain views again through Rhododendron forest. After the top path goes along the ridge and Trail descends steeply through dense moss-covered forest rich with bird life. A short early-morning climb to the Deurali pass for a spectacular panorama over Dhaulagiri and the Annapurnas, and to Tadapani for beautiful sunset views of Annapurna South and Machhapuchhare.
Day 05 : Tadapani – Chhomrung (2030m / 5hrs)
The trail drops down from Tadapani, through dense rhododendron forest. From Ghandrung there are good views of the upper Modi valley. The route starts the long ascent high above the west bank of the Modi Khola, and continues up to the village of Chhomrung. Towering above the village is the mighty peak of Annapurna South, with the Fishtail facing it across the valley.
Day 06 : Chhomrung -Himalayan Hotel (2920m / 7hrs)
We walk through the forest to Kuldi Ghar, before the route goes steeply down a bank of rock and then levels out, running through riverside bamboo thickets along the base of the gorge. Then the track winds steeply up through deep bamboo and rhododendron forest to the village of Doban. We camp above Himalaya Hotel.
Day 07 : Himalaya–Machhapuchere Base camp (3720m / 4hrs)
The track remains on the West Bank of the Modi, now flowing through a more open valley, and eventually emerges into the Sanctuary. Straight-ahead is the high lateral moraine of the South Annapurna glacier and the Modi follows a deep cliff to the right. This is the site of Machhapuchhre base camp from which can be seen a spectacular panorama of mountains. We either camp here or continue northwest, staying above the glacial moraine.
Day 08 : Machhapuchhre - Annapurna base camp (4130m / 3hrs)
The route begins on a broad grassy path, before climbing over lateral moraine and down to the beautiful ablation valley. We soon reach the British Expedition Annapurna South Face Base Camp (4234m.) The best views are probably obtained from the crest of the moraine, which we follow until it is cut through by the glacier flowing down from Himal Chuli to the north.
Day 09 : Annapurna Base Camp- Bamboo (2300m / 7hrs)
Descend down after beautiful view of Annapurnas during the Sunrise and back down with good memories of trip along the Modi river path, which climbed going up.
Day 10 : Bamboo – Jhinuwa or Hot spring (1400m / 6hrs)
The trail passes the small village of Khuldi Gar, before continuing through rhododendron and bamboo fields to the Alpine-style village of Chhomrung. Stony steps climb steeply to Kabre Chautara and soon after we turn off for Landrung, leaving the Ghandrung path dropping away towards the Jhinuwa.
Day 11 : Jhinuwa- Pothana (1900m / 7hrs)
After an easy descent to the Gurung village of Landrung, the trail crosses a pass before arriving at the tiny village of Dhampus, perched high on a ridge.
Day 12 : Pothana - Pokhara 2hrs walk & 1 hrs drive
It’s a short trek down to Phedi via Dhampus village with good views of mountains, where we meet the road and drive back to Pokhara with private transport.
Day 13 : Pokhara – Kathmandu drive or fly. (1300m / 6 hrs or ½ hrs)
After breakfast in the morning we say goodbye to Pokhara and head back to bustling Kathmandu by car or private bus (There is an option to fly).
Costs included during the trip:
Costs excluded during the trip:
- Airport- Hotel- Airport pick up and transfer by private car
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu according to the itinerary package of related treks
- Kathmandu sightseeing tour including all entry fees, tour guide and private vehicle
- Full board meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge accommodation during the trek
- Seasonal fruits during the trek
- One skilled, professional and friendly guide including his food, accommodation, salary, equipment and accidental insurance
- Costs of food, accommodation, salary, equipment and accidental insurance of porters (One porter will be provided for 2 people during the trek)
- Kathmandu- Pokhara and Pokhara- Kathmandu transport by tourist bus
- Transport from Pokhara to the destination which marks the beginning of trekking, Transport back to Pokhara from the spot where trekking portion ends
- Duffle bag, down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek
- Trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit
- Annapurna Conservation permit fee
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System ( please bring 2passport size photos for permit)
- Government taxes and office service charge
- Meals not included in costs included section
- Travel insurance
- International Airfare
- Optional tours and activities during leisure
- Nepal Entry Visa: One can easily obtain the Nepal entry visa after arriving at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Remember to bring 2 copies of passport size photos.)
- Drinks (hot and cold), snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot shower during the trek
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips for trekking staffs and driver ( tips though appreciated not mandatory)